Thomas International provides psychometric tests and assessments for businesses, such as those in the financial industry, that want to learn more about the candidates they’re thinking of hiring. They also plan assessment centres to further help the recruitment process. Thomas International has two types of aptitude tests: Thomas Skills and Thomas Psychometric Tests; Thomas Skills is more specifically focused on drawing out people’s abilities, whereas The Thomas Psychometric Tests measure general intelligence.
Thomas Personality Assessment
This personality assessment uses work-based scenarios to judge your reactions to common events or challenges. From this, employers can judge how you handle pressure and what your working style is likely to be.
Increasingly, employers are looking to gauge a person’s emotional intelligence before offering them a job as it’s indicative of whether someone will be a good leader or not and how they’ll work with others. This 20-25 minute questionnaire assesses how in tune you are with the emotions of others.
A personal profile analysis is designed to unpick how you behave at work. Including your strengths, weaknesses, communication style, motivations and overall value to the business.
This is a good indicator of how quickly a person learns and retains information. It’s comprised of five sections:
- Reasoning test - this is very similar to a verbal reasoning test
- Perceptual speed test - this is designed to see how well you interpret data inaccuracies
- Number and speed accuracy assessment - very similar to a numerical reasoning test, this measures an individual’s ability to interpret and analyse data
- Word meaning - an assessment of your vocabulary
- Spatial visualisation - mentally manipulating two and three dimensional shapes